Satisfy your tastebuds with our grapefruit salmon recipe. If you’re looking for something light, quick and easy to rustle up, this recipe takes just a matter of minutes to cook. Even better, you can tuck into this tasty pan-fried salmon while boosting your collagen levels thanks to the accompanying collagen-rich sauce. Carry on reading to discover how you can create this delicious salmon recipe at home.
How to Make Pan-Seared Salmon
Before you start cooking this delicious recipe, it’s important to know how to pan-sear your salmon. Here are our top tips:.
A step that shouldn’t be missed to mastering pan-seared salmon is the seasoning. You want to cover your salmon fillets in both salt and pepper – don’t be tight on the salt either. Although you might want to, adding just enough salt will help you master the perfect crisp.
2. Pan fry
Once you’ve seasoned your salmon-fillet you want to add it to a non-stick pan and cook the salmon skin side up for four minutes – you want to resist the urge of moving your salmon around in the pan. After your four minutes is up, gently flip the salmon and repeat the process on the other side, then plate up. It’s that easy!
Now you know how to master pan-seared salmon, it’s time to put your skills to the test with this delicious, collagen-rich grapefruit salmon recipe.
Pan-Seared Grapefruit Salmon Recipe
* Contains FISH and MILK
- 4 SALMON fillets
- 3 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp grapefruit zest
- 120ml coconut milk
- Fresh basil
- 2 Tbsp BUTTER
- 2 Scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- Salt and pepper
- Salt and pepper the salmon in a non-stick pan with 1 tbsp of butter and cook skin side up for about 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 4 minutes. Remove the salmon.
- Add the remaining amount of butter into the pan and sauté the onions and garlic until lightly browned.
- Pour in the coconut milk, grapefruit zest, and Collagen Peptides, and allow it to simmer.
- Once your sauce has thickened, add the salmon back into the pan and reheat for two minutes.
- Serve the salmon and sauce on a plate and garnish with fresh basil.
- Optional: Pair this dish with some creamy mash and asparagus.