This dessert is a deliciously festive way to end your day or week. Treat yourself to a slice of vanilla cake the next time you can’t shake off a sugar craving.
Yields 12 servings
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer in Vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, grease two 8-inch cake tins with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients of almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca flour, Vanilla Collagen Creamer™ supplement, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, coconut oil and coconut sugar until well-combined.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients with the wet mixture.
- Pour the batter evenly between the two cake pans and bake for 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Enjoy with your favourite dairy-free frosting. Garnish with fresh sugared cranberries and rosemary.
Written by Grace Gavilanes