Why add collagen to your sweet and savoury recipes? To help reap health and beauty benefits, of course! Our OG Collagen Peptides is versatile, as it’s easily soluble in both hot and cold liquids. It’s also flavourless and odourless. This side dish recipe just upped its game, didn’t it?!
This side dish pairs really well with grilled chicken, burgers – or any grilled protein for that matter. Pack this potato salad with you on picnics, potlucks and BBQ parties. Your guests will definitely be asking for seconds.
Just prep this potato salad the night before to let the flavours mingle. By the following day, the potatoes will have absorbed all the seasoning, making for an even tastier salad.
Creamy Collagen Potato Salad Recipe
Recipe makes 4 servings.
- 4 large potatoes (washed and peeled)
- 1 tbsp capers
- Handful of fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins® Collagen Peptides
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Thoroughly wash and peel the potatoes.
- Fill a medium-sized pan with water and bring to the boil. Place your potatoes in the pan, reduce the heat slightly, cover the pan with a lid and leave the potatoes to cook until tender. You can check if they are cooked by piercing a potato with a fork or skewer.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove the pan from the heat, strain the water, and let the potatoes cool down before chopping them into 1-inch chunks.
- Then, in a large salad bowl, combine your capers, potatoes and finely chopped parsley.
- To make the dressing, add our Collagen Peptides powder, the mayonnaise, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Carefully whisk to mix all of the ingredients together.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and lightly toss the potatoes for all the ingredients to combine. Leave the salad to sit in the fridge for 45 minutes to marinate until 5 minutes before serving, when you should take out the salad so it’s cool and refreshing when served.
- Note: You can make this salad the night before and it will last in the fridge for around 4 days.
Written by Ria Bass