This butternut squash soup can be enjoyed all by itself, with a warm loaf of buttery bread on the side, or even as a starter to a meal. If you’re ready to start adding it your usual rotation, keep scrolling on to get started.
How to Make Butternut Squash Soup
Recipe makes 6-10 servings.
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 2 celery stalks (washed and diced)
- 250g butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 675g pumpkin puree
- 445g coconut milk
- 120ml boiled water
- Optional toppings: pumpkin seeds, nutmeg, avocado oil, coconut milk, pepper, chilli flakes
- In a large pot, heat the avocado oil on a medium heat and add in the onions, garlic, celery stalk and butternut squash. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Mix in the Collagen Peptides, nutmeg, paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix together with the vegetables until well-combined.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, coconut milk and boiled water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Scoop the mixture into a blender and purée it until creamy and smooth.
- Once all of the vegetables have been puréed, add the soup back into the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes on a medium heat, or until it starts to bubble.
- Scoop the butternut squash soup into bowls, top with additional toppings and enjoy!
Written by Christina Anania