These chocolate hearts are great if you’re looking for an inexpensive way to treat yourself or your loved ones. The combination of the dark chocolate and cinnamon, with a touch of almond crunch and sea salt, is a perfect blend of flavour. You could also add dried fruit and a touch of maple syrup to sweeten it up. Another wonderful way to gift these chocolates is to add a wooden lolly stick and tie a ribbon on the end.
Whatever your plans are this Valentine’s Day, don’t forget to enjoy a chocolate heart or two!
Chocolate Collagen Hearts Recipe
Recipe makes 12 chocolate hearts
- 140g dark chocolate (broken into chunks)
- 50g almonds (chopped)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides
- 120ml coconut milk
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Heart-shaped chocolate mould
- Heat a small saucepan on a low heat and add in the dark chocolate, Collagen Peptides powder, cinnamon and coconut milk.
- Chop up the almonds and add to the chocolate. As the chocolate begins to melt, stir slowly until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Once the chocolate is melted completely and the ingredients are all mixed in, pour the chocolate into the heart moulds and top with shaved almonds and sea salt.
- Place the mould into the freezer and leave to set for an hour.
- Remove the chocolate from the mould and enjoy!
Written by Christina Anania, @evolvewithtee